Project’s Overall Objective
The overall objective of this action is to have strong democratic institutions and civil society promoting pluralism and the values of European integration in Turkey.
Project’s Specific Objectives
• The establishment of civil society organisations that are active and able to attain financial resources within a better legal framework.
• The effective participation of civil society in all levels of policy preparations
• Support provided to the sustainable development of grassroots civil society organisations and established organisations and networks.
Implementing Partners: Civil Society Development Center (STGM), Third Sector Foundation of Turkey, Yasama Dair Foundation (YADA)
• Civil society organisations: At least 700 CSOs (CSOs, networks, platforms, initiatives mainly working on cultural rights/culture and arts, child rights, gender, human rights, environment, youth, disadvantaged and/or vulnerable groups; Grassroots CSOs; Networks, platforms).
• Local Governments: At least 10 Local Governments (LG) and their City Councils
• Central Government: At least 3 public institution (ministry or general directorate)
Main Activities of the Project
In aim of civil society-government relations reaching a new level where a permanent dialogue is held and participation of civil society organizations in public debate and decision-making is visibly increased:
• Formulation, adoption and implementation of a “Code of Conduct” for Civil Society – Public Sector Relations based on agreed principles
• Identifying legal barriers that prevent active civil society participation and developing draft amendment proposals for improvement.
• Organizing an international conference where Civil Society – Public Sector relations can be discussed within a global framework
• Developing a White Paper which will lead Civil Society – Public Sector dialogue to be included in the institutional structures of public institutions.
• Developing a monitoring methodology for Civil Society – Public Sector dialogueIn aim of improving capacity of civil society organizations for better civil dialogue, participation and reputation
• Developing a “reputation management” guide to increase CSO reputation in the eyes of citizens, politicians and public institutions
• Mainstreaming Reputation Management among CSOs
• Creating a social media application through which CSOs will be able to share information, news, presentations, activities, etc.
• Small grant programs and other capacity development activities for of CSOs:
• Technical support: Technical support by means of telephone, email or one-on-one consultation based on the needs of civil society organisations
• Legal support line: Pro bono legal consultation hotline for civil society organisations to turn to when facing legal issues
• Training: General capacity building, need-based training sessions, in addition to corporate guidance, small-scale campaign support, working visits, partnership meetings
• Small grant programmes: Two grant programmes, small- and mid-scale, to develop civil society organizations’ technical, administrative and institutional capacities as well as promote effective dialogue between organisations and local government
Project Coordination Team
The Project Coordination Team will be made up of the project partners (STGM, TUSEV, YADA) in addition to the below organisations’ representatives performing projects under the same Program:
• Bilgi University Youth Studies Unit partnered with the Bilgi University Center for Civil Society Studies on the project “Participation of Young Citizens in the Decision-Making Processes”
• Helsinki Citizens Assembly (hYd) works on strengthening of civil society as part of democratic, social and political debate, development and implementation of democratic governance in Turkey.
• Capacity Development Association (KAGED) will present technical help and consultation services, training sessions, offer a network both at national and local level and ease facilitation of dialogue between public institutions.
Project Steering Committee
Established to monitor project activities and guide the implementation process. the Project Steering Committee is composed of the Ministry of EU Affairs who has accepted position as coordinator, the Central Finance and Contracting Unit as the contract authority, and European Union Turkey Delagation, representing the European Union who has financed 90% of the program.
Consultation and Dialogue Committee
The Advisement and Dialogue Committee will be made up of public institutions involved in Turkey’s civil society and project activities. The committee’s most important task is to advise in light of the project’s findings and outcomes and create an environment for dialogue between the pertaining public institutions and the project’s implementing institution.
The Advisory Committee consists of those working on civil society related subjects and representatives of CSOs. The committee’s main purpose is to evaluate the project activities and make recommendations. Close to 100 CSO representatives will be invited to each Advisory Committee meeting.
Grant Application Evaluation Committee (to be formed by the Contract Authority, CFCU)
The Evaluation Committee will be formed by the CFCU, the contract authority, to evaluate the small grant program applications. In case of a large number of project proposal applications, the CFCU will form another Expert Evaluation Team.
Bu web sitesi, TUSEV tarafından yürütülen ve Avrupa Birliği tarafından desteklenen Etkin Katılım İçin Sivil Toplumun Gelişimi projesi kapsamında yayın yapmaktadır.
Web sitesinin Avrupa Birliği'nin resmi görüşlerini yansıttığı düşünülmemelidir.